As the year comes to a close, it’s a great time to take a moment to look back on the new businesses, restaurants, and other projects that have opened around the Buckeye Lake region! With the recent developments in the area, we’re excited for what’s to come in the new year to make your next vacation destination all the better.
Buckeye Lake Region: A Year In Review
New Bites at Buckeye Lake
If one thing is certain, there’s always a place to snag a bite around the lake! Check out the latest eateries that opened their doors in 2023:
- The Blue Heron Kitchen & Pub – Officially opening its doors in February, the Blue Heron Kitchen & Pub offers indoor dining, bar seating, and an outdoor patio. With delicious menu options like mushroom puttanesca, drunken clams, lobster bisque, beer floats, and more, you won’t leave unsatisfied. Don’t miss out on this upscale American eatery in the village of Buckeye Lake!
- The Dirty Oar – Enjoy cold drinks, tasty food truck bites, and live music lakeside at one of Buckeye Lake’s newest pubs!
- La Cabra Kitchen at the Boatyard at Buckeye Lake – Located within the Boatyard at Buckeye Lake, the La Cabra Craft Kitchen offers appetizers, burgers, nachos, salads, tacos, and more! Take a break by the lake and enjoy great food and drink with waterfront views at this staple lakeside establishment.
- Whit’s Frozen Custard – Since reopening their doors in August, Whit’s Buckeye Lake offers fresh, frozen custard made on-site! Come lake season, stop by this locally-owned business for flavors that will satisfy your sweet tooth while stopping by the North Shore ramp and taking a stroll around the lake.
New Businesses at Buckeye Lake
Explore local shops, services, and fun things to do with these new businesses at the lake.
- Earthly Pottery Co. – Offering handmade pottery, candles, and home goods for sale, grab your friends or make it a date night and book a class to make unique pottery with Earthly Pottery Co.!
- LakeBound Boardwalk – Combining a myriad of noteworthy lakeside shops, explore LakeBound Boardwalk at 12408 Lancaster Street, Millersport. Shop lake rentals at LakeBound Outfitters, bring the kids and grab a slice from LakeBound Pizza, indulge in a sweet treat from Dockside Donuts, and shop decor, gift baskets, custom tees, and more from Picadilly Vintage, Jackie’s Creations, and Red Handed Designs, all in one stop!
- Millersport Flowers – Open for all your floral needs, find gift baskets, beautiful bouquets, and much more at this locally-owned flower shop.
- Pea Ohana Watersports – Expanding their new location to Thornville, experience standup paddleboarding or kayaking with Pea Ohana Watersports! Plus, book a class for their Snug Harbor Fit N’ Paddle series including a dry land workout followed by a fun, relaxing time out on the water.
- Smoke on the Water Cigar and Pipe Lounge – A new family-owned cigar lounge and shop serving the Buckeye Lake area!
Other Updates at the Lake
- Celebrate some fun in the sun and a cool drink in your hand with the new outdoor patios at Buckeye Lake Margaritas and the Hereinafter Cocktail Tavern!
- Now the last standing piece of what was once a popular amusement park at Buckeye Lake, the iconic North Shore Fountain has officially been restored through the efforts of the Buckeye Lake Historical Society.
- Enjoy tasty bites, a craft brew, and new views at Buckeye Lake Brewery and Chef Shack with their recent outdoor remodel!
- Grab a cup of your favorite caffeinated craving at Millersport Coffee and take an Insta-worthy photo with their new Be Kind mural.
Get ready for an even bigger 2024 at Buckeye Lake
Find annual events happening soon like Buckeye Lake Winterfest or start planning a romantic getaway for Valentine’s Day. Plus, stay up-to-date with all things Buckeye Lake like new restaurants, openings, and more with our monthly newsletter and app!